The Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association (FLEOA) is the largest nonpartisan, nonprofit professional association, exclusively representing federal law enforcement officers. FLEOA represents more than 30,000 federal law enforcement officers from over 65 different agencies. FLEOA is a charter member of the DHS Federal Law Enforcement Advisory Board, holds two seats on the Congressional Badge of Bravery Federal Board, and serves on the Executive Board of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund and the National Law Enforcement Steering Committee.
Founded out of necessity in 1977, by a group of concerned federal law enforcement officers from multiple agencies, FLEOA's primary tenet was, and still is, legal assistance and representation.
By far, FLEOA is the largest "legislative voice" for the federal law enforcement community. FLEOA is often called upon to testify at congressional hearings and represent the overall position of the federal law enforcement profession. In order to protect federal law enforcement officers pay and benefits, FLEOA maintains a regular presence in Washington, DC. To date, FLEOA has played a pivotal role in the passing of important legislation that impacts federal law enforcement officers, i.e., Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP), Good Samaritan Act, Badge of Bravery, FERS Sick Leave Credit, NSPS repeal, etc.
By becoming a member of FLEOA you will receive a number of important benefits:
- Legal representation in work related matters, which includes legal advice.
- 24 hour hotline for emergency situations such as arrests, shootings, and such serious incidents.
- Member discounts on services such as liability insurance, homeowners and automobile insurance, and education.
- Other benefits from the FLEOA Foundation such as scholarships, line of duty death and emergency situations.
- Contact with Agency Managers including meetings with Agency Directors, seeking improved working conditions, and availability of Agency Presidents for representation in matters unique to an Agency.
- Legislative voice in DC and with Congress to protect your benefits.
- Membership in your local chapter which provides networking and social contacts as well as benefits local to your area.
Review the Membership Categories below to determine which membership level is appropriate for your current position and status.
Retired Member Services
For retired federal law enforcement officers who previously worked for the United States Government, FLEOA provides full Legal Services. These legal services include matters relative to post retirement employment, various contractual matters and concerns, Federal Employees Health Benefits, and issues or incidents relative to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA).
Beyond 24 hour Legal Services, Retired Members receive the same membership benefits as before retirement: Members Only access to the FLEOA web-site; notifications of Chapter events and meetings in their area; important updates, via email on legislative and legal matters impacting federal law enforcement as well as FLEOA’s active participation with such matters; Retiree notifications with employment/networking opportunities; the opportunity to run for Chapter officer positions; and discounts from supporting vendors and organized travel.